We had a bit of a ‘bitsa’ dinner over the weekend. We had some chicken and other bits that needed using up in the fridge and I knew exactly how I wanted the meal to turn out, as a sort of warm chicken salad, but not how to make it. I explained (sort of) to Mr M, and he concocted exactly what I was imagining. No more ‘I can’t cook’ excuses from him then!
So I thought I would share with you guys as it was absolutely delicious and quick and easy too – my favourite type of tea.
Ingredients (serves two)
2 chicken breasts
4 slices parma ham
400g new potatoes
150g green beans, trimmed and halved (could also use asparagus)
150g creme fraiche
1/2 small onion, finely chopped (could use red or white)
Cracked black pepper and sea salt
1) Wrap each chicken breast in two slices of parma ham and place under the grill for around ten minutes each side, or until cooked through. May need slightly more or less time, depending on size of chicken breasts.
2) Meanwhile, boil the potatoes for around 20 minutes or until tender
3) Add the beans to the boiling water for the last 3-4 minutes
4) Drain the vegetables and place in a bowl with the creme fraiche, onion and combine the ingredients. Season well.
5) Slice up the chicken and place on top of the salad.