It’s been a fairly quiet week here, which has been quite nice – Lottie and I have been pottering at home and popping out and about, doing not much of anything, but having a lovely time doing it. We’re on countdown to her birthday week now and Mr M is off that week, so I’m really looking forward to celebrating her first year as a family. I think the first birthday is a particularly special one, so I’m planning lots of things to make it super special for her (and us!)
So what’s made us happy this week?
- My parents took us out for a lovely meal in our local pub last Sunday. It was lovely to have a bit of quality time with them and the food was delicious.
- It was Olympics week at Baby Sensory on Monday and I think it was Lottie’s fave week ever – she loved it. Turns out she is particularly fond of a flag and had a bit of a meltdown when it was over and the flags were collected up.
- Our friends who recently moved in three doors up from us had a healthy baby girl on Sunday. She looks beautiful from the photos. I’m desperately trying not to force myself on them as I know how busy that first week is and how overwhelming it is, but I’m also pretty desperate for some newborn snuggles.
- Lottie and I went shopping for the new baby and got some lovely bits. We also popped into home bargains and found the prettiest stationery for super cheap prices, so I stocked up in the hope I might get a bit organised.
- I took Lottie swimming this week. We haven’t been for a while, but she absolutely loves it and I just adore seeing her get so excited. She jumps up and down and squeals the whole time we are there, it’s so cute. It does however, make her very hungry, so we popped for a coffee and breadstick date afterwards to refuel.
- I bought some beautiful sunflowers yesterday and they are making me smile every time I catch a glimpse of them – so bright and cheerful.
- I found the sparkly flip flops I have been coveting in the sale in Sainsbury’s. Half price and the only pair left were my size. Meant to be, right?
- Today we’ve been to Suffolk to visit the in-laws and Lottie behaved impeccably.
I hope you’ve had some happy days this week.