I haven’t written a happy days post for quite some time. Things have been a bit hectic in the R-M household recently, but I am getting a bit more time to sit down at my laptop, so I thought I’d share what made me smile this week.
- Lottie said her first word. You may have already read about this over here, but I’m still over the moon that it was mummy! Sorry Mr M!
- On the subject of Lottie, she turned ten months this week. I can’t believe we are heading towards her first birthday already.
- She has also started getting really cuddly this last few weeks and her and I enjoyed some lovely snuggles before nap time this morning (excuse the lack of make up and wet hair.)
- I managed to get an hour with this old chap last Sunday. I didn’t ride, but gave him a good groom and then did some poo-picking in his field and he followed me around like an overgrown puppy.
- Yesterday was my last official day of employment. I got made redundant while on maternity leave, which was a fairly crap thing to happen, but I’ve decided to turn it into a positive and today is the first day of me being a self employed marketing consultant. I have a few clients lined up and it means I can stay at home with Lottie.
- We have a new fence at the bottom of our garden. I never thought a fence would make me happy, but it has. Previously, it was a very wobbly trellis held up by lots of ugly ivy and we couldn’t open the gate. It’s now a clean, solid, safe fence and it’s the start of our garden makeover.
- I saw my lovely bestie this week, and she has managed, while working weekends and looking after three children, to pass her access course with distinctions across the board. So proud of her.
- We went to our monthly local playgroup and Lottie didn’t scream at all the other babies as she has been recently. Then my friend and I sat in the pub garden and had coffee and a catch-up. Perfect.
Next week will have lots of Father’s Day memories and one day in the not too distant future, Lottie will start crawling. She’s so close to mastering it now, I wonder if it will be next week…
Have a lovely week everyone.