It’s been a fairly quiet week for us, especially considering the manic last few weeks, so it’s been nice to chill with Lottie and enjoy some of the simple things in life.
- I spent Sunday morning and evening painting the shed in our garden to turn into a summer house for when Lottie is a bit bigger. It still needs another coat of paint, but it has totally transformed it and it looks fab. I’ll share a pic when it’s all done.
- Mr M has been covering someone in another office the last few weeks, so has put in some extra hours, so his boss let him come home early on Monday. Just an hour or so makes such a big difference. It was a sunny evening, so we headed out to the swings and for a wander. Bliss.
- I got two pairs of new glasses this week. My eyesight is deteriorating at the moment and I’ve got to see a specialist to find out why. So in the meantime I treated myself to buy one, get one free on Armani frames and I love them. And even better – I can see!
- I suddenly realised that it’s a certain someone’s first birthday in a matter of weeks and that I really ought to get organised, so I’ve been spending on some super pretty things and exciting presents.
- Lottie decided this morning to master a new skill. I popped her down for her nap and she suddenly disappeared from the monitor (it doesn’t cover the very end of the cot. So I popped up to see what she was up to and she was sitting up, beaming at me! She’s so proud that she can now get herself up from lying down to sitting. I think she’ll be crawling very soon.
- My lovely prize that I won on Facebook arrived this morning. What a gorgeous parcel for a Saturday morning.
- Ben the horse lives out 24/7 in the summer as it’s better for his stiff joints, but he gets really bothered by the flies. So I splashed out on a new super duper fly rug, which seems to be doing the job beautifully and he is much less irritable since having it on.
- With a few more afternoons at home, Lottie and I have been enjoying the warm sunshine and getting out for some walks in the countryside. She absolutely loves having a good old look around and I always think that being outside is good for the soul.
I hope you’ve all had some happy days this week too!